Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Malaysia Week!?!

Hey guys!! This year I went on my first Malaysia Week and was assigned a Rain forest cite called Kuala Gandah. This cite is for people who love animals like elephants and want to help out at the Elephant Sanctuary. I really don't like elephants but that is the only animal that has a Sanctuary we (my group and I) can help out at. But I don't want to tell you about the elephants you could just go to the Zoo and see them your selves, so I'm going to tell you a little bit about our night treks on the first and second night we were there. On the first day of our night trek I was completely ready for leeches, mosquitoes or any other insects that might bit. I put my flashlight, insect repellent for bugs and mosquitoes that want to get near me and salt in case I get a leech on me, in my jacket pocket. As we were hiking up a hill on our trail I looked above me and saw millions of stars that were so bright that I thought I could touch them if I raised my hands up. After about ten minutes our hiking leader discovered a heap of metal that belonged to a plane from around the 1955 Malaysian war I think. WALK WALK and more walking later our hike leaders thought they saw a wild boar's fresh foot prints so we set out in a different direction to follow it to through the real forest without a trail to guide us through. As we entered the jungle everyone started to slip on the mud and fall or some of us couldn't jump over logs and would have crawl under them. After a while our hike leaders discovered the boar was long gone and that it's tracks were wet because of how hard it had been raining the past week. Thank goodness right now we can get back to our tents and change out muddy clothes. 
Second Night trek: On the second trek I did not carry except for my water bottle because I knew carrying heavy things would make me slow and tiered. This night it was not dark at all and our hiking leaders took us to a trail with elephant tracks so we can use plaster casts and observe them. After finishing my plaster cast I heard one of my friends say that he saw a cobra, so to confirm I asked one of our guides if he was telling the truth. To my surprise he wasn't and that ends the second day.
BYE










  This is the whole camp and my friends!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment